Sunday, August 26, 2012

Welcome to my Blog type thingy

As it says, welcome to the Blog of the one and only Generic Fighter. So a little about me and what I'll be trying to do with this Blog. My primary goal for this Blog is to relearn all those writing skills I've let slip over the years. As for why I am doing this with the Blog, I want to be a game designer someday. So I need practice for that. So most of what I will be writing about will be stuff about game design and stuff I've designed for games. I will also be writing about various gaming related topics, too. Basically, the goals of this Blog are to provide interesting and useful things for gamers of various types and to get my skills at writing and designing game related things up to the point that I can make a living off my design work! This may take a while!



-----My Gaming Background

Been playing D&D since early 3.0 edition and was originally reluctant to try 4.0. But had the most fun I ever had DMing the Release Game-day, so changed my mind. Been a solid supporter of 4.0 since! And will most likely continue to do so. I'm known as Generic Fighter on the forums/DDI and am known as some form of that name over the rest of the Inter-Webs. I currently DM two D&D 4E games, one Face to Face and one online, and am preparing to run my first Play-By-Post game, also D&D 4E. I am currently a regular player on the Guildhall Podcast where I play Truth, the Gender-Confused Tiefling Bard.

I got started in gaming through Video Games, though. I am a great lover of old school video games from the 8-Bit and 16-Bit eras. Some of my favorite Video Games include Mega Man 2&4, Final Fantasy 6, Dragon Warrior/Quest 4, 7&9, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Final Fantasy Tactics, The Legend of Zelda and Kingdom Hearts 1&2.
-----General  Random Info about me

Age: 34 years, 11 Months, 1 day , at the time of this post
Gender: Male
Race: Human Being, I think
Current Occupation: Professional Volunteer (No you still do not get paid, even when that IS your Job:P )
Current Location: My Parents Basement...in a small town in Pennsylvania, USA
Favorite Fiction Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Favorite Non-Fiction Book: Some kind of Atlas of the world
Favorite Gaming Book: The D&D 4th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide 2
Favorite Podcast: 20-Sided Death Actual Play Podcast
Favorite PC I've ever Played: thog, Half-Orc Monk
Favorite Food: Beef Jerky
Favorite Food I can actually make: Sloppy Joes

 
So, anywho, I'm going to try to have a Post up soon.

GF

No comments:

Post a Comment